In their interviews, they would remind us that this achievement was at the core possible because they were drawing from their physical and spiritual strength. They've made South Africa proud and reminds us of the pool all of us can draws on to face and overcome insurmountable odds and seemingly impossible challenges. Thanks to these overcomers!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
See you at the Southpole
What striked me about extreme adventurers, Alex Harris and Sibusiso Vilane is the role of their faith in facing the extreme. These two just made history by walking unsupported and unassisted to the South Pole. These 2 christians also climbed Mount Everest twice, but achieved their latest feat, pulling their sleds alone, covering almost 1200 km in the most extreme weather conditions.
at 1:02 PM
- ► 2009 (41)
- Legalise prostitution for 2010 Worldcup succes
- Praying for the stars
- Where is God at work
- Is there hope for the future of South Africa, Albe...
- Hope-giving spirituality according to Fr Albert No...
- False hope vs Real hope
- Stories of Ancient communities of hope, Musa Dube
- Stories of hope-giving communities in Southern Afr...
- What in the world is God doing ?
- Pastor Ray is back on the pulpit.
- See you at the Southpole
- De Villiers' inspirationals
- Abortion now easier
- More 'innocent' believers fleeced in pyramide scem...
- A need for reconciliation
- more missionaries or missional?
- On Ray McCauley
- Second economy campaign
- Listening to the strangers, passing by...for orien...
- Pray for the situation in Kenya
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2007 (49)