Again there is rumors and news articles, over the weekend that the second marriage of pastor Ray' (as he is affectionately known amongst his Rhema members), is supposedly on the rocks. His divorce from Lindi McCauley a few years ago, send shockwaves through, not only through his church and the broader charismatic community, but also the rest of the church. In many local charismatic churches, the Rhema Bible church, stands out as a benchmark on church-growth and also recently public leadership. When people want to know what the Christians think, they would call Rhema.
We as a Christian community however need to heed the call to continue praying for our spiritual leaders. They are also mere vulnerable human beings. The sad reality of divorce amongst Christian leaders need to be acknowledged. There's no point in affirming, from a 'holier than though' vantage point, that we reject divorce and condemn people who went through this traumatic experience. Its time to own up to the fact the we share the difficulty of sustaining solid relationships, but we will strive to pray for sisters and brothers going through it.
Our prayer goes out to the church in Randburg and may God grace sustains and heal the members, but also the pastor, his wife and the family members.
- ► 2009 (41)
- Legalise prostitution for 2010 Worldcup succes
- Praying for the stars
- Where is God at work
- Is there hope for the future of South Africa, Albe...
- Hope-giving spirituality according to Fr Albert No...
- False hope vs Real hope
- Stories of Ancient communities of hope, Musa Dube
- Stories of hope-giving communities in Southern Afr...
- What in the world is God doing ?
- Pastor Ray is back on the pulpit.
- See you at the Southpole
- De Villiers' inspirationals
- Abortion now easier
- More 'innocent' believers fleeced in pyramide scem...
- A need for reconciliation
- more missionaries or missional?
- On Ray McCauley
- Second economy campaign
- Listening to the strangers, passing by...for orien...
- Pray for the situation in Kenya
- ▼ January (21)
- ► 2007 (49)